Not Responding

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Not Responding

Postby mississippibellalis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Folks, I recently had to install a lot of anti-virus software. (Something got on my computer. Example of one of the problems. When caps lock was on, when I should have been typing in all caps, I got lower case instead. And vice-versa when caps lock was off.) I think the security software is interfering with being able to render a photo edit in SPE. I've included a screen shot when SPE gets 'hung up'. I've tried three times to get the image to render and each time it did the same thing.

I've just reinstalled the newest version of SPE and that did not resolve the issue. When I opened and closed SPE without any editing the update went through just fine.

Should I disable the security software when I use SPE?

Should I contact the security software vendor and ask for help changing the settings?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_272 Feb. 03 07.13.jpg
ScreenHunter_272 Feb. 03 07.13.jpg (182.43 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

Site Admin

Re: Not Responding

Postby admin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi mississippibellalis,

The denoise and sharpen filter can take a very long time, especially on older computers, to process because it's doing something very complex. You can see from the task manager that the CPU ussage is 100%, which means it is doing something. I'd recommend you give it say 5-10 minutes and see if it finishes in that time. If it actually crashes, windows should pop up a window saying it's crashed, otherwise it's probably just still thinking. Let me know if that isn't the issue, and we can take it from there.

Tony

Return to Bugs