Problems with D800 HDR and large images.

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Problems with D800 HDR and large images.

Postby CIMspec » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:39 pm

I shoot with a Nikon D800. Recently I did a few tests with HDR portraits and submitted a few to been edited in Smart Photo Editor. Only the skin and eyes adjustments were used to lighten and produce better contrasts.

Whenever Smart Photo Editor did not crash, it produced a neon green image with no other color or cast present. I sent the images, the original and the resulting green images and I was instructed in how to uninstall SPE and install the new version. I followed every step perfectly so I would not have any more problems. My computer has 32g of RAM memory so I know that memory or power is not the problem. I have many other photo editing filters and programs and they function perfectly with the same images.

Unfortunately, it produced the same, exact, results of crashing and producing the neon green images. The only successful attempts in editing is when I reduce the image from 16bits to 8bits before opening it in SPE. But, then, why invest on a powerful computer and Nikon D800 if I have to reduce the image to 8bits?

Is anyone having the same problems with SPE when editing large images as the ones produced by the D800?

PS. Dear Anthropics, please, do not ask me to submit another "support ticket"; I have submitted plenty with PP 11 and now SPE; I do not want to make this a full time job. Thank you.

Site Admin

Re: Problems with D800 HDR and large images.

Postby admin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

Hi CIMspec,

I've sent you a private message about this.

Tony

Postby CIMspec » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello Tony,

I just replied to it.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Carlos Ignacio

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Carlos,

I've just sent you another message.

Cheers,

Tony

Postby CIMspec » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank you Tony. Received it and replied.

Postby CIMspec » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:07 am

The crashing of Smart Photo Editor with the D800 files has not been resolved by Anthropics. I did lose many Photoshop plugins due to a link sent to me by Anthropics' Tony that contained 13 Trojans.

Return to Bugs