Bug with Mac

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Bug with Mac

Postby Annie123abc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm

I am disappointed to learn today that there is still a bug in the new version of SPE which causes the software to crash, but I think this may only affect Mac users. I first encountered this in January but it appears that 8 months later it hasn't been fixed. I'm waiting to hear on my support ticket when this is to be resolved. I wondered if any other Mac users out there have this experience?

Re: Bug with Mac

Postby bboyles » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 pm

I have had the same issue since the first version. The only response I get is that "Their appears no problem with the program. Try removing the program and reloading." I am very upset with this because since the latest update, I cant even save a fi :x le as it will crash every time.

Postby Raytimms » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 pm

I have the same problem. The programme frequently crashes on my Mac. It is almost unusable and I am thinking of asking for a refund. I have submitted another ticket so I will see what advice I get.

Postby Annie123abc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:35 am

It is very frustrating, I can only assume that resolving this is not a priority. Someone suggested that all resources are being channelled in development elsewhere now.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:42 am

Hi all

Very sorry it's taking so long. It's a frustrating bug to fix as we have never seen it happen in our office, so it's very difficult to tell what's going on. However, we have made a guess at something that could be causing it and have a build that is being tested. If you want to try a beta version of the next release, you can download it from here:

SmartPhotoEditor Studio for Mac:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.pkg

SmartPhotoEditor Standard for Mac:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.pkg

SmartPhotoEditor Studio for Windows:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.exe

SmartPhotoEditor Standard for Windows:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.exe

Postby k444g » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Frequently crashes for me too -- about four times in the last 30 minutes. I'm just plowing a lot of the community provided filters. Not doing any image processing myself though I did fool with sliders a few times. I'm surprised you can't make it crash. I can't make it not crash. I like the app but will go crazy when it crashes and I lose my best work. macPRO High Sierra, Safari browser 11.0.1.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:03 am

Hi K444g,

Could you try opening a support ticket? They might be able to help resolve your problem.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby k444g » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:16 pm

I see no reason to open a ticket. They are working on fixing it. Many have reported the problem. I don’t have time to work with a flaky app. I’ll check back in a few months to see if it’s fixed. I’m looking for something that’s stable that I can use now.

Postby Philmco » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 am

I have been experiencing multiple crashes on my MAC. Not every time, but about 1/2 the time. Appears to relate to the complexity of the effect. Sure hope it gets fixed soon!

Postby Annie123abc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Aurgh! Tried using the new version again and it just crashes immediately I start trying to do anything. Can't believe this is still an issue. Does anyone know how to get an older version back? I had to reinstall this before but can't recall how I did it...

Next

Return to Bugs