Opacity

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Opacity

Postby davidloiseau16 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Is there a way to adjust the overall opacity of an image? I want to reduce the opacity so I can use the reduced opacity image as a background for adding text over the image.

dalo.53

Re: Opacity

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:18 am

I don't think so. But a workaround is to....

a) Create a pure white image of say 6x4 aspect ratio. I did this in Photoshop Elements.
b) Open the image in SPE.
c) Open the background image you want to use but as an overlay via the Composite feature.
d) Now use the Opacity fader for this new layer to reduce apacity.
e) Add text.

Here's what I did....

Richard
Attachments
Untitled-1_pe.jpg
Untitled-1_pe.jpg (293.08 KiB) Viewed 4399 times

Postby davidloiseau16 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:29 pm

0083.BCrd.eml.jpg
0083.BCrd.eml.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 4397 times
Richard- I want to thank you for your response and this technique works perfectly. I am now able to use this method to set up a number of my business cards using the base information and applying it to an overlay of a number of my different photos. I use the "Multiply" opacity setting and adjust the slider appropriately. I've attached a couple of examples. Thanks again

David

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 am

Glad that worked and I must investigate the various options for composites such as 'multiply'.

By the way, we can only see half of the picture of QM because the images are too big for this forum. You need to shrink then right down for the full images to be seen.

Richard

Postby eadams » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks, Richard, for giving this tip - I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of it on my own.

To David: SPE has a really handy save option for when you plan to save images on the web or in this forum. In the Save As dialogue there is an option to reduce the size of the image by half, quarter, etc.

Return to Feature Requests