Show us Your Results Add new category.

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Show us Your Results Add new category.

Postby WCLawson » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am

I have been using SPE for over 4 years and started out usinf it as a tool for photo editing, however, I have discovered this software is much more powerful and adaptable than what it appears.

I use it solely as a digital art program. In fact, the photos and images I take and use are per-visualized to use in SPE as digital art. It would be of interest to me if other users have experienced something similar?

I don't post much in the results because it seems a bit out of place and maybe not understood by most users?

Love the software and the support service is excellent. I should get a commission for all the people I have sent your way. Just kidding.

Wess

Re: Show us Your Results Add new category.

Postby eadams » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 am

I couldn't agree more! :-)

Re: Show us Your Results Add new category.

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 am

I'd echo that 100%. I have also used SPE for (at least) 4 years. But before that I used (and still use) Photoshop Elements for post processing (who needs CC or Lightroom?). The effects in Photoshop Elements have always underwhelmed me and so, when SPE came along, I was mightily impressed. So my process involves Photoshop Elementys almost solely for standard photo enhancement (not effects). Then....

- If, in spite of standard post processing, I think a photo needs a special 'something' I load it into SPE and invariably the photo comes to life in some way. It will now be 'artified' (my word!) and becomes a piece of art. Hopefully good art! I no longer consider it a photo.

- Sometimes it is a rubbish photo but has some intrinsic value (photo of a relative or something). May even be less than sharp. But choosing a suitable effect in SPE can convert it into something special.

- Finally, I too sometimes look through the viewfinder and see an SPE piece of art. Sometimes I even know which effect it needs and I take the photo deliberately because I know that effect will make this a 'wow' picture.

I have just realised, by the way, that of the 7 large format and framed photos of mine on the wall of our house in various rooms, 4 are SPE creations.

Richard

Return to Feature Requests