Copy and Paste

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Copy and Paste

Postby JWC » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:03 pm

I'd like to see Copy and Paste (to the clipboard) so that I can copy an effect to paste into another editor. Any plans for this?

Site Admin

Re: Copy and Paste

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:16 am

In order to paste an effect into another editor, the other editor would need to have our software running inside it! If you want to get the result into another editor, I'm afraid you have to save it, then load it into the other editor.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby eadams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:22 am

In addition to what Tony has said, if you have Photoshop Elements and the studio version of Smart Photo Editor (SPE), you can use Smart Photo Editor as a plug-in from within Photoshop Elements. This means you can load an image into Photoshop Elements, then start the SPE plugin. Add one or more effects, save and close the image and you can continue editing it in Photoshop Elements.

Postby JWC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks for your replies. I don't have Photoshop Elements. I use PhotoDonut (formerly Postwork Shop) at times. It allows me to Copy the image I am working on to the clipboard. Many photo editors have this feature. I thought it might be possible for Smart Photo Editor to add this feature some time. Copy and Paste are found in most editors. You do make it easy to Save an image though. I will continue using that way to transfer images.

Thanks for you fast reply. I am enjoying all the filters in SPE.

Jim

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:42 am

I think what you are saying is that, for whatever reason, you use another photoeditor but you see some nice effects in SPE which you want to use within that photo editor? I have done this by:

- Open any old image in SPE.
- Use the Image Treatment facility to reduce the image to pure black.
- Apply the effect you like.
- Save result as a jpeg. You can then load it into your photo editor and manipulate it (mask, opacity etc) against your chosen image.

But you won't be able to manipulate the effect like you can in SPE. Also this does not work well for many effects. Depends how they are built.

Strangely enough I have the same requirement but in the opposite direction. Some of my Android based editors have some great effects and I'd love to somehow re-use them in PS or SPE. My latest find is Meitu which has the most amazing facility to 'sprinkle stardust' across your image using your finger. But the app doesn't save in original resolution.

Richard

Postby JWC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Thanks for your reply, Richard. I have been using Image Analyzer as my main editor for years. I often open an image in more than one program in order to combine effects.
I can do this with SPE by saving the image and then opening it in Image Analyzer. I can then copy it and paste it as a layer in Image Analyzer.
With SPE I transfer the image with Save and Open instead of Copy and Paste. It's an extra step, but it does the same thing.
It's slower, and it leaves a saved image on the computer that has to be deleted later. That's why I suggested Copy and Paste.

Jim

Return to Feature Requests