Going nowhere

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Going nowhere

Postby GT-Force » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:32 am

Hi again,

Every few months, I fire up this to give it another try, knowing that is has potential.

Every single time, I close it extremely frustrated and infuriatingly angry.

I see that there have not been a new version release for a long time.

Do you even have any intentions to continue working on this to make it of any use, or have you already stopped the development of it?

By the way, if I can find time, I will record a session to show how terrible and unintuitive the user interface is, and post it on YouTube as a review, to save many others who would be in my position after buying this.

Thank you.

GT

Re: Going nowhere

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:50 am

If you are referring to the general design of the product as opposed to some of the bugs I have read about (which I have never experienced) then I have to take issue with this. This is just your personal opinion and the ONLY opinion I've ever read so critical of the product. In my opinion, the user interface is almost faultless. My only criticism is that this product has such huge potential and yet I see little enthusiasm in Anthropics for investing in it. It does not compete with Landscape or Portrait Pro - SPE is totally different.
Richard

Postby eadams » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:35 pm

The only thing I agree with is that it is a shame that Anthropics seem to be focussing their development efforts on Portrait Professional, PortraitPro Body and LandScape pro and not on Smart Photo Editor.

The user interface is unique, but Anthropics supplies many tutorials that make it painless to learn the program (see the Getting Started forum). I have never ever closed the program frustrated and angry. On the contrary, I find it difficult to close the program at all because it delivers such fascinating and creative results. If I can't find an effect that does what I want, I just create a new one or tweak an existing one. I use it both as a stand-alone and as a Photoshop plugin. I actually prefer to make selections in SPE than in Photoshop.

I own photo editing software made by numerous companies (including Topazlabs, Adobe and OnOne) and SPE is by far the most fun to use.

Postby GT-Force » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 am

If they would incorporate my suggestions, it would instantly make this software orders of magnitude more user-friendly and intuitive, and one probably would not need to watch a single tutorial to jump in!

You say "unique", I say unintuitive, or half-baked, or even user-hostile.

And, yes, of course this is my opinion, whose else am I supposed to come here to voice?

The reason why they do not invest resources in this is likely because it does not sell nearly as much as others. And if I have to guess why, I would say the UI is to blame!

As I already said, I do agree that it has a lot of POTENTIAL. But just potential at its current state.

Return to Feature Requests