The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby Mozzy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you Tony for this amazing opportunity to offer up suggestions for the next level of SPE. Now I have found my way around the software, I beleive most issues can have a workaround, so I am unsure of anything I would like to see. BUT I will have a think and come back!

Mozzy

Postby twincreektaz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 am

The thumbnails do not show the end results. They show up just like the original

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,

I guess you mean the thumbnails in the gallery? Two thoughts come to mind: did you make a very small selection? Or possibly you're searching on something quite subtle that can't be seen in a thumbnail. If it's neither, could you post a screenshot of the problem in our bugs forum?

Tony

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 am

I would love to see something like puppet warp in photoshop (great for slight pose adjustments, and even body re-shaping if you're careful), and the liquid re-scale plugin in for gimp or something similar. Power goo like tools for caricature like effects would be fun (Possibly for portrait Pro too where Caricature/expression/makeup tools could probably be impllimented in a smarter way) not all portraiture is meant to be overly serious. Perhaps even photo morphing?

I love the edge aware selection tools by the way, and the red overlay gives a better idea than marching ants would, so good choice there. You could also probably pull a few effect type ideas from Media Chance's Photo Reactor if you haven't looked at it. You can see examples here http://mediachance.com/reactor/gallery.html . I'm a fan of artistic filters and they achieve some pretty cool results with that node based image editor. I have to say that the basics are much simpler to acheive in SPE though.

Postby Nikonian72 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:58 pm

admin wrote:We don't currently have focus stacking specifically implemented . . .
Any progress on adding a focus-stacking feature? Your suggested alternative is way too time consuming. Might be fine for three or four merged images, but not for thirty or forty, which is more typical of macro focus-stacking.
Last edited by Nikonian72 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby clara parker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:48 am

WE need to be able to apply graphic logo of our photography company, such as C Parker Photography in a fancy font and graphic design, we need something simple to apply

Postby clara parker » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:15 pm

How about overlays, for instance if a a lady has on a long dress, is there an overlay to allow the dress to just flow away from her like in photoshop. On one software have great overlays etc. we need that in this editor

Postby pblanchard » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello: I'm very new to this software, and I really like it. Is there a feature that allows you to add objects to your photos? Examples: birds, airplane, hot air balloon, etc. Maybe there is and I just haven't discovered it yet.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 am

Hi,

Yes there is: it's called Composite and you can watch some videos on how it's used here.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Jobol » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 am

Hi,

Please add the possibility to save the selection!

Right now it is a pain in the neck to apply an effect on a background who's selection took 10 minutes to perfect and when one hits OK on a background effect, if I later change my mind about that effect, I have to reselect the background again. It is really a painstaking process.

Please allow us to save the selection or multiple selections with possibly a name for each and recall them at any time.

Thanks.

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests