The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby Lydia1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

How about falling snow and/or rain?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 am

Gizmo:

What do you mean it doesn't bring back your Select ares? Affects applied to areas should always be saved in session files. If you've found a circumstance when they are not, let me know. I'm guessing you mean that you can't apply an effect to an existing selected area (there just isn't a button to do so at the moment). If so, this is a general problem, not just to do with saved sessions. But it is something we will be adding in soon.

Aspect ratio for crop is also on our short term priorities.

Lydia1:
This is a forum where you can request new effects. If you select the Ground, then choose Snow from the mood category, there is one snow effect already.

Postby muffindell » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Just trying this out, good overall. Needs lens effects wideangle etc, in fact if there as been a filter made to put in front of the lens it should be in this program. Cropping photo ratio is also a must.

In the main the whole application needs to be an whole lot faster, slick, smooth transitions when you adjust and real time adjustment, it really is a must; you do it with PP so why not this? Maybe solve all of this with GPU rendering, Photoshop is using the GPU more and more.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks for the feedback. GPU rendering is in development and is nearing completion. On the slowest operations we have seen speedups of up to tenfold, so it might make a big difference if you have a recent enough graphics card. Out of interest what exactly would you like to see speeded up?

Tony

Postby mari_red12 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 am

being able to add fonts/words to pictures would be fantastic!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 am

We are working on adding text at the moment!

Postby Christopher Hartsough » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 am

Re: Removing wires and such

There is at least one Photoshop plug-in that does exactly that. The URL is:

http://www.vicanek.de/plugins/wireworm.htm

This one is free. If they can do it, you can do it! ;-)

Speaking of plug-ins, how about having an 'effect' that runs a plug-in? Perhaps not any plug-in but from a selected list. In terms of sharing, detailed instructions would be the responsibility of the author.

Again, speaking of plug-ins, could you run Smart Photo Editor AS a plug-in, as Portrait Professional does?

Speaking of Portrait Professional, how about having the skin tools in this Smart Photo Editor?

Speaking of skin tools, could you ask the crew at Portrait Professional to make a plug-in, or something, so one could use the technology on skin that is not attached to a face?
(Like the back of the bride in an over the shoulder shot of the groom!)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 am

Wire removal can be found in the erase tool.

Running photoshop plugins sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not sure it makes sense in the gallery though. The point of the gallery is that it is learning which effects work well, and that doesn't work if the effect is different each time.

Yes, having Smart Photo Editor as a photoshop and lightroom plugin are both things on the horizon.

Making Smart Photo Editor work better with faces is also something we are thinking about.

Portrait Professional can work when there is no face in the image. You have to enable the "Enhance Skin Only" setting in the Settings dialog.

Postby Christopher Hartsough » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 am

Thanks for the quick reply and information.

Postby trufrontier » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 am

Hi, I have a couple of ideas that will make SPE more user friendly.

What about a way to save your Masks/Selections and recall them so you don't have to keep remaking a mask to the same photo in the same area? I like to use several effects on the same picture, maybe one or several to the sky and one or more to the landscape. I have to redraw the exact same mask each time I want to apply an effect to the same photo.

Also, after I draw a mask to use with an effect, I can no longer adjust that effect. If I click on the effect to make another adjustment after I've drawn the Mask then there's no way to make the adjustments. A window opens up with a slider bar for the adjustment with no slider in it. If I don't make the correct adjustments before I draw a Mask Area, then I cannot go back adjust the effect anymore. I've had to delete the mask that I drew along with the effect that I used in order to go back and redo the whole thing to get it the way that I want it. Maybe I'm using the program wrong or it's not installed right or something, but this is very frustrating.

Thanks, Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests