The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.
Site Admin

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby admin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 am

In this context I think the poster meant photo library organization. We do have quite a lot of ideas on how we can improve upon what is currently available regarding photo management compared to software like picassa and lightroom, but these improvements may not be relevant to everyone.

Tony

Postby kristofgss » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:42 pm

* Keeping an effect used history which shows the ten most often/recent used effects in a quick pick list. It's like an automated alternative shortlist. I tried the p^rogram out for about an hour now and if the effect is good, i want to keep it, but I don't know if it is good before i use it, so i don't add it beforehand to the shortlist. With so many effects, it's hard to remember the name and find it back sometimes, so it would be nice if I could see my most recently used ones.
* It would be nice if the "edit photo" box would be a little less sensitive to mouseover-loss. Now it disappears when the mouse moves out of bounds, but that sometimes happens when I move it in a circle in order to get to things like crop. it would be nice to have a grace period in which the mouse can be outside of the window range without the menu disappearing. Now you have to reselect "edit photo" to reopen it
* A way to jump into the tutorial on a specific topic. Currently it restarts the entire tutorial and there is no way to quickly practice something or resume where you left off.

Postby Digiteyez » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 am

The possibility to work on 2 monitors and let the panels be moveable so one screen holds the image and menu bar, all adjustment panels are on another monitor and the possibility to save that configuration, at present the overall look is cluttered.
Cheers

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

Kristofgss,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm happy to say that your first suggestions is already in there! If you upgrade to the latest version from the website, there are two favourites lists, both found in the "Favorite and Recent Effects" button in the Edit Photo dropdown. On the left is effects you have 'favourited' in the gallery. On the right is a list populated by your most popular effects, as suggested. Clicking on "Manage Favorites" allows you to move effects from the popular list into the favorites list.

All the other suggestions are gratefully recieved and will go in our list.

Tony

Postby Geo4tune » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:33 am

I'd like to see a work flow change. After choosing an effect and confirming my choice, the effects gallery returns to it's "dock". However, if I change my mind, I don't want to search through 86 pages to continue from where I left off. In other words, with the same project, I'd like the effects gallery to open where I left off. Or at least be given a choice whether I wish to begin from the beginning or not.

Thank You
George

PS - Wonderful program by the way. Really enjoying being creative.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 am

Hi George,

Good point, I'll give it some thought. There are a couple of things that might not know about that might help: Any items you shortlisted appear on the favourites menu, so you haven't lost them. Also, if you hover over the page number in the gallery, you are given a slider that allows you to jump straight to any page.

Postby Geo4tune » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks, as you correctly surmised, I didn't know about the "hover" feature. That goes a long way to speed up my work.

On another note, how are the effects sorted? Certainly not alphabetically. Also, there appears to be a number of duplicates. One more comment I'd like to make is that I've found a few spelling mistakes. Is it anyone's responsibility to spell check before the effect is made public?

Thank you.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Geotune,

I take your point about duplicates and spelling mistakes.

How the effects are sorted is one of the key pieces of technology we are developing. If google sorted their web page results alphabetically it would be a disaster! Just like them we are trying to order the results in the gallery so the ones you are most likely to want come near the top and stuff you are unlikely to want comes near the bottom. This is a complex question, but one we are working hard on. Hopefully over the coming months you will see the ordering of the effects improve. For instance, we are planning for the system to learn your tastes, so the more you use it, the better the ordering will be.

Tony

Postby Geo4tune » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 am

Thank you for your quick replies. I appreciate your frankness and look forward to future iterations of the software. Keep up the good work.

George

Postby Gizmo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:05 pm

I would like to see a crop as Photo ratio.
Also to save current session as it is. The save as session does not bring back my Select areas.

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests