The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby MJP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Tony, thanks for your response about Image Sizing. I can see Advanced Controls in the Settings panel. But I'm not sure what it turns on! I see the Advanced option in the Tone Adjustments but this doesn't give Image Sizing. Help!

Yes, it is for putting images on a web page and for emailing.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:07 pm

If you turn on Advanced Controls in the settings panel it opens up all the features to create effects, but be warned this is much more complex than the standard user interface! To resize a picture (after turning on Advanced Controls), press "Add Filter" then choose "Scale", then type in a new size into the width and height boxes, and finally press confirm. N.B. This is just a workaround, and we might consider adding a simpler "export for web" function if it was a common need.

Postby blackswann » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 pm

How's about an editable dynamic range curve in with the brightness/contrast - to allow you to create S curves for high contrast, inverted S curves for low contrast and the ability to see a histogram?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 am

The contrast slider in the tone sliders panel allows you to create S curves and inverted S curves. Would you want more control than that? Would you want a histogram that was always available or is mainly while in the tone controls?

Tony

Postby luciasur » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm

OK, I just spent my first 10 minutes with the software. I like the zoom features readily available at the top panel and quickly effective. But so far I haven't seen how this software is better than or different than Lightroom. The black slider seemed to work well, but I think if you offer this software it needs to clearly be differentiated from LR. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

Did you see the effects gallery or the select area panel?

Postby beckstoy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 am

Library Organization? Something similar to Photoshop or Picasa? I'm new to this, but can't find it yet.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 am

Library organization is certainly something we are keen to add, although it's not in there yet. Is that something that would get other people's votes?

Postby pjk271 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Ability to customize keyboard shortcuts and save customized effects

Dan P

Postby jgodfrey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm

admin wrote:Library organization is certainly something we are keen to add, although it's not in there yet. Is that something that would get other people's votes?

What exactly does "Library Organization" mean in this context? If that means *photo library* organization (so, DAM features), I'd be against that as I don't think it belongs in an application of this type. And, unless you're going to dedicate *a lot* of time and effort towards DAM-type development, the result will likely be less than stellar anyway.

On the other hand, if "Library Organization" refers to organizing the effects library, that's bound to be a good thing.

Jeff

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests