Needing help!

Ask any questions about publishing effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Needing help!

Postby darknitegrl56 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm

I just recently bought Smart Photo Editor and I'm VERY happy with it! I have learned most of all that you can do except ONE thing. I cannot understand or get "The Effect Creator" to work! When I drag a node to the effect canvas and join it with another node input to get an effect with my photo, nothing happens and my photo just disappears every time. I have sat and tried to work with it several times, connecting one output (after dragging an effect to the canvas) to the other input but nothing will work and when I click on "publish" a little box comes up and just keeps telling me that they are not connected or something like that. I don't understand this part of Smart Photo Editor at all and I want badly to learn it and use it.
Could someone help me with this? It would be much appreciated! :?
Thank you!
Patti

Site Admin

Re: Needing help!

Postby darrenp » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 am

Hi Patti,

It's great to hear that you are so happy with the Smart Photo Editor.

If you haven't already, try having a read of the Effect Editor Quick Start (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=240). Let me know if there are any points of confusion and I can amend the posting since it will no doubt help others too. As for not seeing any output, this may be due to the operations (the 'nodes') that you are using since many nodes take more than one input and all inputs need to be connected in order for the output to be generated.

We'll be doing a lot more work on the Effect Editor in the coming months so your feedback is really useful.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Postby AsHLey2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello i just bought smart photo. How do i save it to my computer?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi AshLey2,

You should have recieved a link to the download. If you can't find the link, at any time you can use the license manager to get the download for the software and codes to activate it.

Tony

Postby elsareth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Itoo really enjoy using photo editor and have made what I thin are some really ordinary pictures into really nice pictures, but I just don't understand the effects editor - what it does and how to do it. I've looked at the signpost on the last answer and am still in the dark. Can you provide a really simple explanation?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:45 am

Dear Elsareth,

Using the effect editor is an advanced feature which might take some time to learn. The best place to start to learn about it is the effect editor video tutorials. If there's any specific question you have, just ask here and I'll try to answer it as best I can.

Kind regards,

Tony

Return to Publishing Effects