Struggling to Publish Effects :( Please Help!

Ask any questions about publishing effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Struggling to Publish Effects :( Please Help!

Postby imogen5485 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:02 am

Hello! I am very new to this forum and to the software. I love it so far and have even created a border to go with my Disney's Frozen-themed birthday party photos from my shoot last weekend! I am trying to publish the border but after choosing Publish I am told "To start the process of sharing it with other users you need to Update Search Engine from the File menu. You can apply the effect now from Favorite Effects." Under the File menu, the option to Update Galleries is greyed out so I cannot access it. Can someone please help me finish the publishing of this effect? Thank you in advance!

Site Admin

Re: Struggling to Publish Effects :( Please Help!

Postby admin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Imogen,

Sorry, that probably isn't very user friendly! That option is only available when you've just started the program. Try loading the software again and the option should be available. If you post a message back here when you've published, I'll let you know when it becomes available publicly.

Thanks,

Tony

Postby SlichoArt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:28 am

Hi Tony,

I have a similar problem, the publish feature is NOT grey so I can publish but I cannot update the galery. It keeps saying file not found, server error, so after two tries (and another this morning) I cannot update the galery at all! Updating (ctrl U) is grey in the menu...

greetz Karin

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am

If Update is grey in the menu, it means it can't update because you are in the middle of editing something. If you choose close from the file menu, it should become available again. Try updating again and if it doesn't work, could you tell me exactly what the error is?

Kind regards,

Tony

Postby SlichoArt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Tony,

Closed it and updated (and removed trial version cause that gave problems as well next to bought version on one pc) but can't seem to find mine in my galery. Does it also take some time to appear in my own galery? btw very nice fx you made :D , I take it you are that Tony... (5 min later) Did it! and found it lol

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Karin,

Glad to hear it's all working for you now. And yes, I'm the same Tony as the user 'Tony' in the gallery. :)

Tony

Return to Publishing Effects