magazine cover photo effect

Ask any questions about publishing effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

magazine cover photo effect

Postby photovip » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:41 pm

I have tried and failed to create a magazine cover photo effect in photoshop...I posted before about smart photo editor developing this effect and Tony was kind enough to try and create it, but to me it's not the same as a glossy magazine cover photo effect..maybe it just can't be done...but it is the one photo effect that most photographers would like to have in their arsenal...and I see search request for it by the hundreds all over the net...but so far...no software company has been able to create this as a plugin or brush....I'm sure that this effect is probably created in photoshop for most magazine companies, but whoever finds a way to create this plugin or brush for a software program will have a huge hit on their hands...Every professional photographer I know would like to have access to this....It would add amazing quality to landscapes, portraits, etc...

Site Admin

Re: magazine cover photo effect

Postby admin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi photovip (or should I say shadowgold?)

In order to know exactly what it is you are looking for, you're going to have to post an example (ideally several) of the effect you're looking for. It's tricky to try and understand the mental picture you have with just words!

If you're thinking specifically about portraits, you might want to check out SPE's sister product: Portrait Pro, which produces magazine cover like portraits.

Tony

Postby SlichoArt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi there,

Tried to make one and just uploaded it. Don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for but in my opinion it gives just that extra glossy punch to the photo.Image and the result Image The name of the effect is Glossy Cover but it will take a few days to be visible in the galery. Hope to have been of some help.

Postby eadams » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

I haven't the slightest idea what is meant by "magazine cover photo effect".

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 am

I've just updated the library, so Glossy cover is now live and ready to be downloaded.

Tony

Postby clara parker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:21 pm

admin wrote:I've just updated the library, so Glossy cover is now live and ready to be downloaded.

Tony

where is the glossy cover located

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:37 am

Just search for Glossy Cover in the search box in the top right of the gallery.

Tony

Return to Publishing Effects