Publishing end result of multiple effects

Ask any questions about publishing effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Publishing end result of multiple effects

Postby lesdmd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 am

Here's what I am trying to do: After applying a number of effects to an image I would like to take the final result and save the steps taken so that they can be applied to a future image. (Saving the image as a tiff or jpeg is not a problem!)

What I have done: I highlight the final result (image) and right click and choose "Store or Publish". I have no problem going through the 4 steps of "Tagging (the) Effect".

The Problem: When I bring in a new image, or even the same image previously processed, I can find the Tagged Effect in My Favorites, but when it is applied the result looks nothing like the image I previously saved and worked on.

In other words, it appears that not all the previous steps are being applied when using the now named Tagged Effect from My Favorites.

Am I doing something wrong? Expecting too much of the software? Is the only way to get what I want is by starting by using the Effects Editor from scratch?

You realize your software is addictive and almost too much fun. :) Best purchase I have made in a long time. I believe I have sold two members on the photo blog on which I participate to buy copies. They seem very happy too!

Site Admin

Re: Publishing end result of multiple effects

Postby admin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Lesdmd,

You are very close! When you store or publish, it just stores or publishes that particular tab. To do what you want to do, merge all the tabs you want to save, then save it. (I'm about to test calling it 'Save Preset' instead of 'Store').

There is another way of doing it too, which is quicker but you don't end up with the effect perminantly available, which is to right click on the Original Image tab and choose switch image.

Tony

Return to Publishing Effects