resize and move overlay

Ask any questions about compositing.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

resize and move overlay

Postby Strick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 am

Okay, I'm hung up on trying to move my overlay around. For some reason after I select move, rotate and scale , I can't find the "square" that lets me move my subjects or resize them. Is thee a defaultsetting that I am missing?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: resize and move overlay

Postby Arwin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 pm

No circle visible too? Just click in your image and drag, maybe the square edges are outside your image?

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Strick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for your reply Arwin. I can move the background with the circle but can't reduce the size of my foreground(overlay) subjects?

Postby Arwin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Try to drag your overlay, till you see the edges of the square (can be that you need to drag several times, if your overlay is enlarged that much), as soon you see the edges, you can click in the corner (or the small squares seen at the edges) to scale your layer. As far I know there is no other option.

Hope that will this will help you :)

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Strick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 pm

thanks again. I can do that okay with the background layer but can't do it with the top layer/foreground.

Are we able to resize/move the forground as opposed to the backforing or the "underlay"?

thanks

Postby Arwin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Strange, I can move/scale the foreground as well as the background, only the starting image isn't movable/scalable, which is normal.

Hope that Tony or someone else does have a more satisfied asnwer, Im running out of options ;)

Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Strick,

It sounds like you're trying to move the original image, which is the the image which defines the size of the picture, and so isn't moveable. If you want to move it, then load in what you have as the background as the original, and apply it as an overlay. If you really want to move both, then go to File > New Montage, and you can define a blank area (with a size and default colour), then add both other images as overlays (your 'background' first of course). If there's any gaps between them, then the background color you chose shows through.

Hope that helps

Tony

Postby pixtaker46 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Can.t find my composit tool

Postby Mozzy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Pixtaker (love the handle), R/H side/tools/third down.

Mozzy

Return to Compositing And Montage