Area Treatment Tool

Ask any questions about Area Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Area Treatment Tool

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 pm

The Area treatment tool is for tweaking several areas of your image at once. To use it, first of all use the Brushes to select an area. Initially it will be shown with a red wash. The area is listed in the list of areas on the left, and you can manually tweak it using the sliders given.

If you have selected an area you can name (like the sky, or a plant), you can see a gallery of suggested changes to it that are tailored to the type of area. Click where it says "Area 1" and choose the name, then press gallery. Hover over each gallery item to see it applied in your image, and click when you find one you like.

You can apply changes to lots of areas at once: Click on + next to New Area to add another area. The area that the brush is currently affecting is higlighted. To switch to a different area, click on it's pannel. To delete an area press on the X. To show a wash over the area press on the eye.

Re: Area Treatment Tool

Postby Koos van Wyk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 am

I only have the Trial version. The area selection option does not work. The instrustions is very basic. Are there more detailed instructions?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm

When you say the area selection option does not work, could you give more information?

In the full version there is a tutorial on using the Area Treatment Tool to improve a portrait, or if you have a specific question about it, you can ask it here.

Tony

Postby Koos van Wyk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi Tony
When I click the area selection tool - nothing happen. I want to experiment with the trial version before I buy. Perhaps I must take a chence and buy. Perhaps more detailed instructions will come with the real thing.
Koos

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Koos,

Once you've chosen the area selection tool, you can then use your mouse to select areas of the picture. Does that help?

Tony

Postby Arghelm » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 pm

For the life of me, I cannot find an "invert selection" tool under area adjustment. I made a perfect selection between sky and foreground (selecting the sky; area 1), and now want to create area 2 by just inverting area 1.

It seems not to be an option when using "area selection". I do not see why it should not be included here as well (it's available using "select area" only).

Can we hope to see this included in an update, please??

Postby Arwin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Its part of the 'Select Area' tool Arghelm, see image below for the location of the 'invert selection' option.

Arwin
Attachments
invert selection.jpg
invert selection.jpg (47.22 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Arwin and Arghelm,

The "Invert Selection" button is to invert your current selection. I think of more use to Arghelm, is the "Remove Sky" button which will appear when you create a second selection. Just hit it, and if you have not started selecting, it will create a selection which is the inverse of the sky. If you have already selected some pixels, then it will just remove the sky pixels from that existing selection.

Tony

Return to Area Treatment