Solid black background

Ask any questions about Area Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Solid black background

Postby KristyHowington » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 pm

How do I make the background solid black?

Re: Solid black background

Postby Arwin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Kristy,

You can go to the transforms tab in the effect editor and choose for a 'Solid Color' node as shown in the image below (as default this will be black), that would make the background black, if that is what you want to do.

If you want to give an object in a photo a black background, you need to go for the 'Select Area' function in the right menu (below the Effect Gallery) and choose for background.
Select the background with the brushes (Add To Selection) -or- select the object and choose for 'Invert Selection' when thats easier to do.
Hit the 'Confirm Selection' button and search for the 'Background to black by Tony' effect (its on the first page).
That would make your background black.

Hope it will help :)

Arwin
Attachments
Transforms.jpg
Transforms.jpg (64.52 KiB) Viewed 5708 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby KristyHowington » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

For some reason I do NOT have a Background to black by Tony effect...there is Blue that I can change to black, but not without a weird halo over the subjects head.

Postby Arwin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Kristy,

Sorry to hear that, did you update your Gallery? (File > Update Galleries)
You can also try the searchbox when youre in the Gallery section, in the upper right corner you will find the box.

Hope that will help.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Area Treatment