Reviewing original image after cropping

Here you can discuss anything related to the Crop Tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Reviewing original image after cropping

Postby Jehaleleel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi,
First of all I know this is working as intended as pressing F5 should show the original image.
However... after cropping a part of my picture I do not want F5 to bring me back to the picture before cropping, not when I'm adding new effects.
After one effect F6 is the way to go, but what if I add more effects? I still want to view the original before the added effects, but that is after the cropping.

Is there a way inside SPE or do I really have to save the image after cropping and reopen the cropped version??

Thanks!
Johan

Site Admin

Re: Reviewing original image after cropping

Postby admin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Jehaleleel,

I'm afraid it sounds like you'd like a keyboard shortcut that we don't currently have I'm afraid. However, you can do what you want using the mouse. Just hover over the tab at the top with the picture you want to compare to (the cropped picture in your case), and by moving the mouse on and off the tab, you can compare the cropped version with the cropped plus effect.

Hope that helps,

Tony

Re: Reviewing original image after cropping

Postby Jehaleleel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Thank you for your reaction.
Used that method a few times before but I'm a big fan of the F5 and F6 functionality ;)

If it doesnt exist than thats that and I'll have to work with the options I do have.

Thank you,
Johan

Return to Crop Tool