Failure to fully Render? - Pixillation?

Here you can discuss anything related to Image Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Failure to fully Render? - Pixillation?

Postby lesdmd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 pm

I am very appreciative of the quick and complete answer to my last question. After more playing last night, another issue came up.

I began processing a 45MB 16 Bit Tiff file and found that many of the effects from the "Effects Gallery" showed an on-screen message that they were "Rendering" but failed to fully resolve into a clear image (the best way I can describe the end result, was that it appeared as large pixels, rather than a cohesive image). I had better luck when I reduced the size of the file to a JPEG, but not total success. I realize, since the Gallery is made up of user constructions, that the contributors may be at fault; but I would guess fully 50% of the choices available resulted in non-usable results.

Is there anything I can do differently or perhaps after the non-fully rendered image appears?

Site Admin

Re: Failure to fully Render? - Pixillation?

Postby admin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am

Hi lesdmd,

Are you on a Mac by any chance? We are aware of an issue on the Mac with effects only rendering their low res-preview and never becoming high res. We are looking into this. I have a few suggestions/questions/comments in the meantime:

When a user submits an effect with a texture overlay, that texture is obviously at a fixed size, so the texture overlay might not be as high res as your photo, but you should still be able to see the details in your photo combined with the texture.
I think it should be the case that this issue only affects on screen rendering, so saving out pictures should be unaffected, the caveat above notwithstanding. Could you confirm?
The problem is to do with updating the screen, zooming in and out again would force an update, and might help.
You could try increasing the milliseconds for inital preview (to say 800) in the settings dialog to see if that helps. That gives the renderer more time to give you a better version of the picture.

Tony

Re: Failure to fully Render? - Pixillation?

Postby lesdmd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm

admin wrote:Hi lesdmd,

Are you on a Mac by any chance? We are aware of an issue on the Mac with effects only rendering their low res-preview and never becoming high res. We are looking into this. I have a few suggestions/questions/comments in the meantime:

When a user submits an effect with a texture overlay, that texture is obviously at a fixed size, so the texture overlay might not be as high res as your photo, but you should still be able to see the details in your photo combined with the texture.
I think it should be the case that this issue only affects on screen rendering, so saving out pictures should be unaffected, the caveat above notwithstanding. Could you confirm?
The problem is to do with updating the screen, zooming in and out again would force an update, and might help.
You could try increasing the milliseconds for inital preview (to say 800) in the settings dialog to see if that helps. That gives the renderer more time to give you a better version of the picture.

Tony

I am indeed on a Mac, and you might be interested to know that since I purchased the software (perhaps only a coincidence), rather than using the trial version, I have had the rendering problem only one time. Changing the radius slider forced the screen to refresh, which corrected the issue. I will follow your advice if it crops up again. Many thanks, for the prompt reply and for a great product.

Return to Image Treatment