Soft Edge of Erase Tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Soft Edge of Erase Tool

Postby Begostef » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Hello All,

This is my first post to the forum. I love SPE and its intuitive features.

One thing I've had trouble with is the erase tool. I have no problem understanding how to use it, but have a question about it: Is there a way to make the edge of the tool hard instead of soft? I recently removed a purse that was leaning against the leg of a subject in a picture. While I could trace alongside the edge of the pants, the erase tool slightly combined the two edges (pants and purse) resulting in a blurry edge.

I remember in photoshop that the user can dictate the "softness" of the tool to prevent something like this. Is there a way in SPE to also achieve this?

Thanks! This is such a great program!!
Last edited by Begostef on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Soft Edge of Erase Tool

Postby Begostef » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:01 pm

I found that a patch is a good alternative that will work for what I need in my picture.

Here's a link:

https://vimeo.com/album/3056853/video/101240320

[urlhttps://vimeo.com/album/3056853/video/101240320][/url]

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

Hi,

When you have started an erase, if you hover over the blue area then click on the triangle button that appears in the top left of the area you will get a little control panel with more options. I think Margin is the one you are looking for, but the others might provide a better result if tweaked too.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby bebo1998 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Just goes to show that we live and learn. I have never paid attention to the "triangle area" until I read this post. As much as I have used this program, I am just now into the forum and I like SPE even more. Now I think I will spend more time here.

Return to Erase Tool