Help Please - Removing Effects from Shortlist

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Help Please - Removing Effects from Shortlist

Postby bbrouhard » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Any help on the following would be very much appreciated!

I've tried removing effects by searching by name to click Remove from Shortlist. Sometimes the search returns a message that the effect doesn't exist or wasn't found, which is pretty confounding by itself, but when the search works and the effect is found the Remove from Shortlist flag isn't there, instead the Add to Shortlist button is active even though the effect is already in my Shortlist. I understand that there can be more than one effect with the same name, but when the search returns only one effect I am assuming that effect is the one that is already in my Shortlist, but, again, I see the button to Add to Shortlist. What am I doing wrong?

I've also tried what Tony posted in a prior discussion:
If you click on Show Shortlist in the side panel you will see all your shortlisted items, where you can remove them one at a time.

I open my favorites and shortlist (from the right panel), but I don't see where I can remove them one at a time. I have seen the Show Shortlist button appear - intermittently - on the left of my screen, but I don't know how to get it to reappear on purpose so I can manage my shortlist.

I have also created effects that I have now deleted in my local users file, but they are still listed in my Shortlist. Obviously when I click on that effect name the system returns an error & closes the program, so how do I remove those deleted local effects from my Shortlist?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Re: Help Please - Removing Effects from Shortlist

Postby eadams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi bbrouhard,

The shortlist function is a bit confusing, but I haven't found a way to remove recent or shortlisted effects from the list of "Favorites Recent Shortlist" (button on the right of the screen). My understanding is as follows. (I hope someone corrects me if my understanding is wrong.)

The Add to Shortlist and Remove from Shortlist buttons that appear on the left are temporary, only for the image you are working on. So if you preview and like an effect on an image but still want to look for alternative effects before applying it, you can click on the Add to Shortlist button. This creates a temporary shortlist just for that session, and you can add other effects to the shortlist. As soon as you click on the Add to Shortlist button, the option to Show Shortlist and to Remove from Shortlist appear in the active effect. If you have added several effects to the temporary shortlist, you can browse through just those effects by clicking on the Show Shortlist button. To remove one of these effects from the temporary Shortlist, you have to click on the Add to Shortlist button again and then Remove from Shortlist. Once you have applied one of the effects to your image by clicking on the OK button, the temporary Shortlist is gone. You can always create a new one, though.

The confusing part is that once you have applied an effect to the image, all the effects that had been in the temporary shortlist now show up under "Favorites Recent Shortlists" on the right side of the screen. When you click on that button you see two columns. The left-hand column is a list of all the effects you have manually added to your favorites. The right-hand column is a list of effects that you recently applied or that were added to your temporary shortlist at some time. If you click on the little symbol between the two columns you enter the Favorite Effects Manager. There you can select and remove a Favorite effect from the left column, but I haven't discovered a way to remove a Recent (or shortlisted) Effect from the right column. Even if you drag a recent effect from the right column to the left column to add it to your Favorites, the effect is not removed from the right column.

It would be nice to be able to remove effects from the right hand side of the list (recent and shortlisted effects), but if there is a way I haven't discovered it.

Postby bbrouhard » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi eadams!

Thank you so much for your time and response.

I am still not seeing the Show Shortlist button. :?:
If I understand how a sessions temporary Shortlist is created...While I am viewing the gallery (or my favorites) and I find an effect that I like, but still want to continue viewing other effects, I click the Add to Shortlist button, which creates a temporary Shortlist for that session. And if I want to remove that effect from that Shortlist I click the button again to remove it. Correct?

And when I find an effect that I have already added to my Shortlist, I am still only seeing the button to "Add to Shortlist". The button has not toggled to "Remove from Shortlist". Does this option appear only in the temporary Shortlist you mentioned? (Oops! Sorry, I just reread your previous response and you already answered this question.)

Postby eadams » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 am

Steps to see the Show Shortlist button:

- Load image
- Click on Effects Gallery
- Preview one of the effects in the Gallery by clicking on it.
- Click on the Add to Shortlist button in the effect's panel on the left
- The Show Shortlist button appears in the panel near the top.

If I understand how a sessions temporary Shortlist is created...While I am viewing the gallery (or my favorites) and I find an effect that I like, but still want to continue viewing other effects, I click the Add to Shortlist button, which creates a temporary Shortlist for that session. And if I want to remove that effect from that Shortlist I click the button again to remove it. Correct?

Correct :)

Postby bbrouhard » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:23 am

Thanks so much!! 8-)

Return to Effect Requests