Can anyone show me how to outline text on my images?

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Can anyone show me how to outline text on my images?

Postby adverteyeseen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:20 pm

I have added text to several of my images but I don't see any way of creating text with an outlined effect. I would like to outline my red letters in black or yellow letters in blue and other color matches. If you can help I'd appreciate it.

Re: Can anyone show me how to outline text on my images?

Postby eadams » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 am

adverteyeseen wrote:I have added text to several of my images but I don't see any way of creating text with an outlined effect. I would like to outline my red letters in black or yellow letters in blue and other color matches. If you can help I'd appreciate it.

SPE does not have advanced capabilities to manipulate text, but if your text is large and you are willing to experiment a bit, it is possible to create text with an outlined effect.
SPE outlined text.JPG
SPE outlined text.JPG (24.7 KiB) Viewed 3081 times

Steps I used to create the text above:
1. Load background image
2. Add text with text tool in SPE. I kept the default color (black), but I could have chosen another color for the text. I resized the text by dragging the handles on the text box itself.
3. Use Select Area tool to select an area designated as "Subject". I had to use the selection brush to select only the text, which is why this method works best with large text which is easy to select.
4. Click on "Confirm Selection and Browse Effects" to select an effect to add to the selected text.
5. Use the search tool to search for effects that have the word "Outline" in them
6. Apply effect Outline 05 by Arwin.

You can experiment with the sliders of the effect to create different-looking effects. Arwin has uploaded several different outline effects, so you can try the others as well.

As you see, the outline effects are not specifically made for text, but can be used on any selection you make in your image.

I hope this information was helpful.

Eve

Return to Effect Requests