MAIN OBJECT IN THE PHOTO ONLY

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

MAIN OBJECT IN THE PHOTO ONLY

Postby Macboo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:40 am

:D Hi,
I dont know how to describe this terrific effect. The one I saw was a white background with 2 zebras on it, with the outlines of some grass where they were standing. Very, very eyecatching and almost unreal.

Can you imagine that. I'm sure it was done in photoshop, but I cant manage that. Can you come up with something similar, so that the actual animal is the sole subject in the picture ?

Re: MAIN OBJECT IN THE PHOTO ONLY

Postby eadams » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 pm

You can isolate your subject on a white background in SPE. There are different ways of doing this. One way:
Click on Select Area on the right of the screen
When asked what area you want to select, choose Background
Use the selection brush to select the background. Usually it will be easiest to use the Erase from Selection brush to erase the subject from the selection, leaving only the background selected.
When the background has been selected to your satisfaction, click on Confirm Selection and Browse Effects.
Apply the effect "Background to White" effect by Tony.

You can tweak your selection at any time. You can also re-use a selection when applying an additional effect. When you move the mouse over the "Effects Gallery" thumbnail at the top right of the screen, it will say "Show Gallery for..." and list any selections you have defined.

Another way is to Create a composite image by loading your main image, then loading a white background image that you have already stored on your hard drive by clicking on File - Add Underlay. You will have to use the selection brush to erase the area around your subject so that the white background will be revealed. You can apply any additional effect to this image.

Return to Effect Requests