Highlighting a feature in a particular color

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Highlighting a feature in a particular color

Postby mvdbergh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

Can someone please explain to me how I can pick out a particular feature on a photograph and highlight it in a particular colour, say red, while turning the background black and white? I can do the first part fine, i.e. the selection of a particular feauture, I can turn the remainder of the image black and white, but I am battling with the red highlighting. Thanks for your help.

Site Admin

Re: Highlighting a feature in a particular color

Postby admin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 am

Hi,

If you've already made the background black and white, then applying a colour to the rest of the picture is easy. If you've not already got a selection for the bit you want coloured:

Choose select Area and pick a name (perhaps subject)
In the selection tool, you'll see a button to subtract the background. Press it and you'll have all the pixels selected that weren't in the background.

Then to choose a specific color in the gallery, choose the color you want from under the color menu on the left. You will then be presented with a gallery showing different ways of applying that color.

Tony

Re: Highlighting a feature in a particular color

Postby mvdbergh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks Tony.

I'll try that, finding some of teh controls and buttons is not alway easy until you've spent some time doing it.

Mike

Return to Effect Requests