SELECT BY COLOUR

This forum describes all of the different filters available in Smart Photo Editor, you can ask questions about them too.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

SELECT BY COLOUR

Postby superdave » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:28 pm

The Select by colour node lets you specify a color or color range in your image by using the color picker, thus creating a selection. The Selection color option lets you choose a color for your selection. The Area slider determines the range of your selection whereas the Softness slider softens your selection.
Finally, the Name option allows you to name your selection

Re: SELECT BY COLOUR

Postby gaperklake » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Where is the "color picker"?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 am

The color picker is where it says selection color. You can play with the sliders or click and drag from the swatch, or double click on the swatch, to pick colours. This is only available in advanced mode though, which is currently not available in the retail version of the software.

Tony

Postby gaperklake » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Tony,

Thank you for your response.

I was a 'beta' tester for this product, but never saw that a commercial version had become available.

"This is only available in advanced mode though, which is currently not available in the retail version of the software." The commercial version listed on your website is about $25.00. Is this the 'retail' version, or is this a complete version with the color picker included?

Thank you,

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 pm

The version on our website smartphotoeditor.com is the retail version, but we have not emailed beta users about it yet as we are testing it on just real world users as it were. The 'advanced mode' has been hidden from use in the retail version, but if you enable it in the beta you will be able to see it appears in the retail version.

Tony

Postby gaperklake » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 am

Hello Tony,

Thanks once more for your response.

"...but if you enable it in the beta you will be able to see it appears in the retail version." Sorry to say, but I am unable to locate the "Advanced Mode" in the beta version.

Thank you for your help,

Guy

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 am

Sorry, I assumed as you were asking about an advanced mode function, you were already using advanced mode. N.B. Advanced mode is going to have an overhall and currently requires quite a bit of learning to get to grips with. To turn it on in the beta, you'll find the checkbox in the settings panel.

Postby gaperklake » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Hello,

I did not find it in the Settings Panel.

Thanks,

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 am

Then you are probably not running the beta, I think.

Postby gaperklake » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:29 pm

My Version is: BETA, Expires: June 29 2011
V0.7.16

Is this not the beta version?

Thanks,

Next

Return to Help On The Filters