DEPTH OF FIELD

This forum describes all of the different filters available in Smart Photo Editor, you can ask questions about them too.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

DEPTH OF FIELD

Postby superdave » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

This node was designed to create the effect known as 'depth of field'. It takes a selection and blurs with a radius that depends on the strength of the selection.
The Radius slider will let you increase or decrease the amount of blur in your effect. One way to use this node is to create a selection (or use an existing one) and connect the depth of field node. Alternatively, you can design your own 'depth map' by, for example, using a gradient:
  • Add a Gradient node and create your gradient. The brighter the area, the more blurred it will be when used with the Depth of Field node. Black areas will remain sharp.
  • Use the RGB splitter node to obtain single channels out of the gradient (gradients always produce RGB images).
  • Use an Image To Selection node to turn the single channel into a selection and call it 'depth'.
  • Then use the depth of field node as show below:
nodes.jpg
nodes.jpg (134.16 KiB) Viewed 4812 times

Re: DEPTH OF FIELD

Postby sexydivinediva » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:03 pm

I do not understand this...once I hit gradient then I drag the other stuff and then hit publish or what...please explain step by step...I just dont understand how to use the edit effects can someone explain it step by stepwith all the details please...step by step...please please

Site Admin

Re: DEPTH OF FIELD

Postby admin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 am

The gallery has many depth of field effects already built, so you don't need to use the Effect Creator. To get a depth of field effect, click on the Effects Gallery button, then go to where it says "Detail - Contrast Sharpen, Depth of Field..." under "Refine Your Search" and click on "Depth of Field". There you will get lots of depth of field effects.

Tony

Return to Help On The Filters