Sample 1 Replacing Sky Tutorial (Plus)

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Sample 1 Replacing Sky Tutorial (Plus)

Postby Phelon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Sample_1_pe_SkyPlus_Resize.jpg
Sample_1_pe_SkyPlus_Resize.jpg (979.95 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
Here's a picture after using the Tutorial for Skies. This is Plus on name because after choosing a Sky Background, I went on to learn how to Manually edit the sky and brush the tree branches very easily into the foreground. After that, I selectively added plant areas and enhanced them. I worked on 3 plant areas. Any questions please ask.

Phelon

Re: Sample 1 Replacing Sky Tutorial (Plus)

Postby Phelon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 am

As a user, I want to make it more clear on painting in the branches selected on page 3 of the Sky Effects. Please try this particular effect to follow me because it's simple, and you might (probably) will use it again.

After selecting the Branches on page 3 for replacing the sky, click confirm, and you will see that the branches on the right side are not showing thru the foreground. So, just go to top picture (tab) showing your confirmed picture and RIGHT Click and chose Manual Edit. A new set of information boxes appears on the left panel. Go to bottom of panel and click edit. Then a new set of Masking choices will be available. Click on ADD TO Selection and begin moving your mouse over the missing tree branches, and you will very easily now paint in the branches. Now we are done and you can go on and finish doing whatever.

Now, here is something to keep in mind when using a subject like these tree branches to add to your picture, save yourself a lot of trouble by starting out going to the Effect's Gallery and choosing the tree branches from the get go without going thru making a selection, and you will effectively end up with the same result, only faster. This would be like making a composite with a built-in picture (the tree branches). Just something to keep in mind while learning the ins-and-outs of the program.

I love the way this program is developing (no pun intended).

Phelon

Site Admin

Re: Sample 1 Replacing Sky Tutorial (Plus)

Postby admin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Phelon,

It can actually be simpler than that! Simply go straight into the gallery and type branches in the search box. The branches are pre-matted so there is no need for any selecting. It just happens to be a popular effect to apply to a sky, so it comes up high in that gallery.

Tony

Return to Show Us Your Results