Playing around with LandscapePro and SPE

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Playing around with LandscapePro and SPE

Postby eadams » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 pm

I was playing around with Anthropic's LandscapePro (I only have version 1) and Smart Photo Editor yesterday. The results are below.

Original cellphone snapshot:

IMG_0388 small.jpg
IMG_0388 small.jpg (184.76 KiB) Viewed 3315 times

LandscapePro:
IMG_0388 LandscapePro_small.jpg
IMG_0388 LandscapePro_small.jpg (182.62 KiB) Viewed 3315 times

Smart Photo Editor (sky replacement "scary - sci fi"):
IMG_0388 sci fi sky.jpg
IMG_0388 sci fi sky.jpg (95.58 KiB) Viewed 3315 times

Re: Playing around with LandscapePro and SPE

Postby Richard Briggs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:32 am

Excellent, brilliant example of what SPE (and Landscape Pro) can do. Although a great SPE fan I find Landscape Pro generally only good for skies. So often Landscape Pro seems to produce pictures that look like colourised B&W photos. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Richard

Postby eadams » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 am

Richard Briggs wrote:Excellent, brilliant example of what SPE (and Landscape Pro) can do. Although a great SPE fan I find Landscape Pro generally only good for skies. So often Landscape Pro seems to produce pictures that look like colourised B&W photos. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Richard

I also use Landscape Pro only to replace skies. I like the way that when you use a sky preset it automatically tries to change the atmosphere of the entire image to match the sky. It usually does that very well. In this particular example, it put a blue color cast on the whole image. Since the poppy field already had a bluish cast, it looked awful, so I warmed up the field.

EDIT: the SPE "Scary - sci fi" effect is one of those extreme effects that doesn't go well with a lot of images. The poppy field landscape is not one I would normally pick for such an extreme effect. But I really liked the way the ball of light peeked through the gap in the trees as if it were intentional and not just luck. I love SPE because I am constantly being surprised and inspired when browsing through the Effects Gallery. The previews are large enough to indicate which ones should be inspected more closely, and it is really fast. If I get an idea from an Effect that I really like, I can manually edit the effect and replace the images used to create the effect with my own and end up with a completely unique result. The program is just brilliant. I also love the masking brush technology in SPE. I often get better results more quickly than I would if I spent more time in Photoshop. And I like the brush much better than the arrows in Landscape Pro. I would have updated LandscapePro ages ago if it had the same selection tools as SPE. As is, I get the same results in SPE as in Landscape Pro, but SPE is much quicker. I do like the tool in LandscapePro that lets you brush over objects in the sky and edges where trees and sky meet in order to make a good selection, but I get the same results in SPE.

Postby william b. grice » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:50 am

Nice photo .......is that a micro phone in centre of photo?

Postby eadams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 pm

william b. grice wrote:Nice photo .......is that a micro phone in centre of photo?

Thanks! No microphone, just poppies and some crop (wheat? barley? To my great shame I admit to being agriculturally ignorant.)

Postby pt_crusier_2002 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:55 am

I too have Landscape Pro version 1 and have struggle in using it, never quite does what i want with landscapes, big reason i have not upgraded to the latest version. I do like SPE for it's quick effects and ease of use. Please Check out my FB Page Smart Photo Editor Users by Anthropics Technology and join.

Return to Show Us Your Results