Use of the apps in SPE

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Use of the apps in SPE

Postby bullsi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:59 pm

I have been using the various apps in SPE for several years and I am always impressed by the new ones that keep appearing. I do not have a clue how to make my own apps to upload to the forum so I need to rely on those that can. Thanks very much.

Re: Use of the apps in SPE

Postby eadams » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am

bullsi wrote:I have been using the various apps in SPE for several years and I am always impressed by the new ones that keep appearing. I do not have a clue how to make my own apps to upload to the forum so I need to rely on those that can. Thanks very much.

It sounds like you are talking about the effects that users make and upload. There is a "Creating Effects" forum section here that contains videos explaining how to create effects, so if you have spare time and want to know how it works, you can watch the available videos. One important thing to note is that when you create an effect you can choose to "publish" it for your own use only on your local computer or you can choose to upload it so that all Smart Photo Editor users will have access to it. Unless you really understand what you are doing, it is a good idea to publish effects locally for your own use only.

One reason to acquaint oneself with the creation of effects is to learn how to modify an existing one. For example, if you like an effect very much but don't like the fact that it has a frame incorporated in it, you can modify the effect and remove just the frame. You can replace the textures used in effects as well. Admittedly, there is so much variation in the existing effects that if one effect is not ideal, another one is sure to be found. So there is no pressing need for any user to have to learn how to make and modify effects.

I want to echo your thanks to all the users who have been creating and publishing wonderful effects over the years!

Re: Use of the apps in SPE

Postby bullsi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks for agreeing with me regarding the uploading of the creative effects. I did use the incorrect terminology when describing them as apps.! When I have an image I want to improve upon, I try SPE and then also a couple of HDR applications to see where that leads me. I will take a look at the tutorials on how to create my own .

Return to Show Us Your Results