Messing About!

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Messing About!

Postby andrewb2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 pm

92B.jpg
92B.jpg (730.26 KiB) Viewed 3016 times

Re: Messing About!

Postby eadams » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:50 am

I love the illustrated look in this image. Was it done with a single effect or with a combination (which I suspect)?

I like the "distressed old paper" texture very much, and visually speaking it looks great with this image. I love the colors! It did occur to me that it seems to be a bit anachronistic since the subject matter is modern. I'd like to see it applied to an archaic - looking map.

Postby andrewb2012 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi Eve,

Lots of things were done to the original image - mostly using the Composite Feature - I did my usual watercolour thing and superimposed outlines, but I messed about with proportions - I stretched the image vertically by quite a bit, saved the result then went through the same process again with the saved image, but this time I created the outline from a very indistinct watercolour image. I did this again and merged (via the Composite Feature) a number of overlays to get a desired effect - I played about with colours. I applied the 'distressed old paper' effect at the end. Not sure the age of the buildings - they were taken from my cruise ship near Kotor, Montenegro. I think the buildings were older than the might look and connected to fishing in the past. Modernity has crept in of course as the road is modern as are the cars. I'm sure quite a lot of changes have taken place over the years. I just used this image as I was trying to create a particular effect - that unfortunately did not work out - so I just played with the image and created this result - but no effect came of it!

Kind regards,

Andrew

PS. Just looked up the view in Google Maps - maybe more modern (or modernised) than I thought - see what you think!

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4306071 ... 312!8i6656

Postby william b. grice » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Nice effect, thanx for sharing

Postby andrewb2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Thanks for your comment William,

Kind regards,

Andrew

Return to Show Us Your Results