St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco

Postby andrewb2012 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:11 pm

My wife and I are just back from a wonderful Adriatic Cruise visiting Venice, Italy; Koper, Slovenia; Split & Dubrovnik, Croatia and Kotor, Montenegro plus a week's stay on the Greek island of Corfu. Amazing photo opportunities throughout - I took over 3000 images (simply of the point and shoot variety as I've told you before I cannot really see the camera screen clearly and I can't use a viewfinder) so there is much work to be done in selecting images to work on.

Here, I've made variations from a single shot taken in Venice - the crowds are unbelievable in such places and restrict your abilities to get clear shots of anything - sometimes you just have to lift your camera above peoples' heads, click and hope for the best. This image has been cropped quite a bit and the foreground crowds have had details taken out so as to be less distracting. The original image was not so great so I've used a variety of effects to try and convey the essence of my visual experience - if you look closely you will see a market stall right up close to St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco, St Mark's Square, Venice. Why do they allow such violations to take place in front of one of their iconic architectural treasures? I despair!

Anyway, I've tried to create images that have a vintage quality - it's how I wan't to remember my experience of Venice. Think I've got about 400 images from Venice, so perhaps I'll post more from this beautiful (if not somewhat spoiled) city in the future.

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (1).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (1).jpg (527.41 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (2).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (2).jpg (750.02 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (3).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (3).jpg (512.82 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

Re: St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco

Postby andrewb2012 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 pm

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (4).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (4).jpg (389.58 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (5).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (5).jpg (611.59 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (6).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (6).jpg (503.96 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

Re: St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco

Postby andrewb2012 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:15 pm

St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (7).jpg
St Mark's Basilica - Basilica di San Marco (7).jpg (355.66 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

Both my wife and I count ourselves very fortunate to be able to see all these fantastic cities, countries and places.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Andrew

Return to Show Us Your Results