rendering

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

rendering

Postby kathy moore 1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 pm

any one having problems rendering edited photos and then an update comes up and you loose all your work. It would be nice if the updates came before working on a project. I have worked hours on a photo and loose it when rendering....frustrated!!!! :twisted:

Re: rendering

Postby pt_crusier_2002 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:55 am

Sometimes I have an edited photo crash while working on it on my MacBook, so as I work on a photo saving it in stages can help solve some of the issues. When it does crash it will pop up with a message to reload photo which I do, but may lose some of the edits. Unlike Anthropics other programs I don't think this program has been updated for quite a while, which is too bad cause it is faster and easier to use than the other photo apps out there. I have made some amazing results in less time than other newer programs I use.

Postby Richard Briggs » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am

I'm not clear what you mean by 'updates'. There is updating the SPE program when new releases come and that's totally down to you when you do this. Then there's updates to the galleries with new effects. For me (Windows) this only happens when I close down SPE and a window appears showing update progress.

Like PTcruiser I have had occasional crashes but SPE is better than most programs for recovering you to somewhere near where you'd got to. I also agree that I find it so frustrating that Anthropics don't seem committed to SPE. There is literally nothing I have found to touch it for creating artistic versions of your images.

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:44 am

Hi all

The last release we did was around a month ago (1.25.2), to try and fix a crash that is happening on some people's Macs. Unfortunately it sounds like it's still happening for some people. We've still been unable to reproduce the issue on any of our own macs, so if you are having problems, please contact support as any information you can share would be helpful.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby eadams » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am

Richard Briggs wrote:...I also agree that I find it so frustrating that Anthropics don't seem committed to SPE. There is literally nothing I have found to touch it for creating artistic versions of your images.

Richard

I agree %100!

Re: rendering SPE Version

Postby pt_crusier_2002 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:36 pm

For some reason, I have 2 versions of SPE on my Mac one is the SPE Studio version 1.22.2 which seems to crash more all the time when editing photos than just the SPE regular version 1.21.15. I find myself using just the SPE cause it seems to crash less.
Last edited by pt_crusier_2002 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 am

Could you check which version number both of them are? It sounds like one of the versions has a bug. It's unlikely that it's to do with the Studio edition, if that's what you mean by the 'Pro' version.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Show Us Your Results