Portrait Improvement Edit

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Portrait Improvement Edit

Postby pt_crusier_2002 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:11 pm

These 3 photos some steps I used to improve a average photo portrait to something special. I used Portrait Pro Studio and Smart Photo Editor, plus composite to change the background.

carol2017composite_pp.jpg
SPE and Composite edit
carol2017composite_pp.jpg (204.96 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

carol2017_pp.jpg
Portrait Pro Edit
carol2017_pp.jpg (68.18 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

carol2017basic_pe.jpg
Original Portrait Photo
carol2017basic_pe.jpg (194.08 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

Re: Portrait Improvement Edit

Postby eadams » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:00 am

Very effective editing (though the resolution of the image is low, which makes it hard to really appreciate the edits).

Regarding Portrait Pro - I used to use it a lot on family photos just to improve the skin and hair color and remove major blotches. I hate the fact that the face sculpting option is on by default. I assume it is a great feature for photographers who want to improve the looks of models, but I hate it when the features of my loved ones are changed. My daughter had her picture taken in Kindergarten with her son (all the kids were photographed and the parents had the opportunity of being included in a shot), and when we got the prints, it was obvious that her face had been changed by some software like Portrait Pro. I wouldn't have recognized her if I didn't know that it was a photo of her.

Return to Show Us Your Results