Size of images posted: Question for Forum Admin

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Size of images posted: Question for Forum Admin

Postby eadams » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:38 pm

What size image can be posted in the SPE forums without viewers having to scroll to the right and to the left in order to see all parts of the image? SPE has a great feature that lets you save an image at a smaller size (including easy presets like "half size", quarter size") for publication on the web.

SPE save as.JPG
SPE save as.JPG (45.6 KiB) Viewed 3982 times

Unfortunately very many amazing images are posted in the original size and the viewer can only see one part of the image at a time.
Safe%20Harbor.jpg
Safe%20Harbor.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 3982 times

It would be great to be able to give users tips on what size image to post. Alternatively, it would be great if the forum would display wider images, making scrolling unnecessary.

Re: Size of images posted: Question for Forum Admin

Postby pt_crusier_2002 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Reposted a few photos at a smaller wide 640 wide seem to be about the size you can post without having to scroll, but it seem you loose all the great details of a wider post. A lot of my photos are taken with a panorama setting so it makes it hard for me not to post photos that need to be scrolled.

This program really does promote amazing results in such a very short time with endless possibilities.

Postby graceman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:23 am

If you simply click on the image you will see the complete picture without having to scroll.

Postby eadams » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm

graceman wrote:If you simply click on the image you will see the complete picture without having to scroll.

Oh wow, that tip really helped!! And all this time I have been scrolling. Makes me feel very foolish. Thanks!!

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 am

Ah but I think there is still a maximum size that, if you exceed it, you can't even click to see the whole image. Unless....!

Richard

Postby graceman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 am

Yes - there is still a maximum size in terms of MB...I think the limit is 2 MB for file uploads.

Return to Show Us Your Results