Partial Effect - Sky

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Partial Effect - Sky

Postby MJP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Some time ago I was asked to take this image in a hurry (in bad weather) then asked to replace the sky (and the soil):
new_vh_small.jpg
Before
new_vh_small.jpg (93.53 KiB) Viewed 6887 times

As I hadn't got a suitable sky at the time it wasn't easy. With SPE I've managed the following quite easily, replacing the sky but not having much luck with the grass as there doesn't seem to be anything but a tinting:
new_vh_after_small.jpg
After
new_vh_after_small.jpg (104.37 KiB) Viewed 6887 times

The sky goes easily behind the existing tree branches using this effect but some effects I tried stunt the trees for a reason I do not understand i.e. not all effects work similarly.

I suppose I will have to supply an effect that replaces a partial selection with grass!

Site Admin

Re: Partial Effect - Sky

Postby admin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 am

If the trees are getting chopped off by some effects, it might mean you selection isn't accurate. You can see the selection clearly by choosing different options in "Display Selection As". Getting an accurate selection with that photo is easy, but you will need to use the shift key. To select only the sky behind the trees, locate the brush on a nearby bit of sky not covered by trees, hold down the shift key and keeping it held down, draw over the branches of trees that cover the sky.

P.S. When you next do an "Update Search Engine", you will find four effects that replace a selection called "ground" with different types of grass. Enjoy!

Postby MJP » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for the grass! I chose the one with buttercups in the end although it wouldn't have been what the Hall Committee would have chosen! Anyway, I was able to reload the .pe file and swap the selection for the grass. Here it is:
new_vh_after_with_grass_small.jpg
With grass (and buttercups!).
new_vh_after_with_grass_small.jpg (118.82 KiB) Viewed 6880 times

Via this application of the software I begin to see its usefulness.

Postby Caroline Castillo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Very Nice! This effect would solve some problems for me :D

Postby TwoHerbs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Interesting effects. I can see the use of that right away. Can do it in PS, however, it takes a lot more work.

Postby Roscoe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 am

Caroline Castillo wrote:Very Nice! This effect would solve some problems for me :D

Me too !! I HATE gardening with a vengeance !!

Postby patsyr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I can hardly wait to get started using this program. These effects are great for those dreary days.

Return to Show Us Your Results