Effects Creator

This forum discusses how you can create your own effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Effects Creator

Postby Laura Tatro » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 pm

I open pic.
Click Effects Creator.
Understand drop down and sliders.

Photo disapears. Unable to see effects applied.

Any ideas?

Site Admin

Re: Effects Creator

Postby admin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 am

The most likely thing to have happened if your photo disapears is that you have added a node that turns your picture black. Thye filter node for instance by default paints black over its input. If you pasted a screenshot I could make a better guess.

Tony

Postby Fontana » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 am

I have the same problem. When slider appears picture turns gray like background of site. Doesn't matter which node I choose

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Fontana,

I think what you might not have done is connect the node up to anything. Each node changes a picture in some way, but you need to join it to another node to tell it which picture to change. Initially the only picture is the one you've loaded, so try connecting a node to the Effect Input (which is your loaded picture). We've got a few videos here on how to create effects in the effects editor, which can show you how. Try watching the first one or two and trying them (the videos are listed with all the different images needed for each of them).

Tony

Return to Creating Effects