The short list

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

The short list

Postby gwroberts36 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm

I don't understand the functions of the short list. I thought it was a way of saving or flagging versions of pictures that I liked but wanted to consider other possibilities but might want to refer to it again. I thought perhaps I could put several on the shortlist and then compare them later on. If that is the case I can't figure out how to get them back for comparisons. Basically, I am rather confused.

Site Admin

Re: The short list

Postby admin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 am

To get them back for comparison, click on the "Show Shortlist" button in the gallery screen. Once you have applied an effect, you will find the contents of your shortlist appear in the Favorite Effects area.

Tony

Postby Minotaurus007 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Unfortunately the shortlist will be destroyed without warning as soon as you apply "Mask Area" to an effect. Don't understand the logic behind this behaviour.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 am

The shortlist gets moved to "Favorite Effects" once you apply an effect through Mask Area or Confirm, so they're not lost. Presumably Minotaurus, you'd prefer it if it was also available in "Show Shortlist" when you went back into the gallery?

Tony

Postby Minotaurus007 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 am

That's good news. Would not have found it myself!
Intuitively, of course, I expect the shortlist to still be alive under "shortlist" as soon as I return to the gallery.

-Mino

Return to The Gallery Panel