How to create my own gallery to chose from

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How to create my own gallery to chose from

Postby lungrunner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 pm

How do I import photos I have taken and wish to use to edit other pictures? For example, I have picture of various sky or sunset images. If I wish to use my images and created my own gallery to select an editing effect, how do I create my own gallery to chose images?

Re: How to create my own gallery to chose from

Postby Richard Briggs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:58 am

With respect to sky backgrounds I often wish to use my own. This is typically for two reasons:

- Because many of the standard sky effects in SPE have been used so much that you can spot them a mile off.
- To be sure that the resolution of the sky is the maximum (as per my images).

To do this I either:

- Create a Composite image with my sky background layered under my image. I then carefully mask out the original sky.
- I use one of the standard sky effects and use the effects editor to modify the effect and use my own image (i.e. replace the image)

Or you can create a completely new effect using your sky images to act as sky backgrounds either for your own use or for the community. I have never tried this.

Richard

Re: How to create my own gallery to chose from

Postby eadams » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:14 pm

lungrunner wrote:How do I import photos I have taken and wish to use to edit other pictures? For example, I have picture of various sky or sunset images. If I wish to use my images and created my own gallery to select an editing effect, how do I create my own gallery to chose images?

As Richard has already mentioned, you can create new effects with your own background images or edit existing effects containing background images by replacing the background image that is embedded in the effect with your own image. In either case, you will have to familiarize yourself with using the Effects Editor. There are a number of tutorial videos in these forums that can teach you the basics.

What I wanted to add is:
Once you have saved your new effects, you can use the search functionality in the Effects Gallery to search for your user name. That way, the filtered search results will contain only the effects you have created, creating the appearance of you having your own private effects gallery.

Return to The Gallery Panel