Unable to download Community's Effects

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Unable to download Community's Effects

Postby sj6000 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:50 am

After installing the Windows 64-bit standard version today, sPE took a long time to "download community's effects" and a progress bar was showing well over 60%, but when I took a break and came back, I got a message ... something like "Cannot download community's effects ... Nothing returned from server!".

Yesterday when I had installed the trial version also, the same thing happened. (I have since uninstalled the trial version, so that is not the cause for this issue).

Please help!

Re: Unable to download Community's Effects

Postby eadams » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:53 am

Hi sj6000,

Tony (the forum admin) posted this reply to a similar question that was posed recently:

Is it possible you've installed new firewall software? That can stop connections to our server.

Check to see what firewall software you have installed. What operating system does your computer run on?

By the way, when you are considering buying software of any kind, it is a good practice to make sure that the trial version runs smoothly. If you run into any problems with the trial version, make sure they can be solved before making the final purchase. In the case of SPE, I am sure there is a solution.

Site Admin

Re: Unable to download Community's Effects

Postby admin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:21 pm

The other thing to do is just try again. Sometimes Internet connections go down, and trying again later often fixes a lot of problems!

Tony

Return to The Gallery Panel