Search algorithm?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Re: Search algorithm?

Postby admin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am

The update galleries option is only available when you first start the software. (If you used it in the middle of browsing the gallery for instance, it would get very confusing!) Also, it might take several days until your uploaded tags get processed by the server. But if you let me know I can fast track them through for you.

Tony

Postby eadams » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:40 am

Tony wrote: The update galleries option is only available when you first start the software.

I never noticed that before. Indeed, when I start SPE and don't browse the Gallery, the Update Galleries option is available under the File menu. As soon as I open the Effects Gallery, the option is greyed out.

But how am I supposed to add a tag to an effect without opening the Effects Gallery? It's like a Catch 22 situation.

The tags I add to certain effects could conceivably be cached locally until the next time I click Update Galleries. That would mean that the steps are as follows:
1. Start SPE
2. Browse effects
3. Add tags to selected effects
4. Exit SPE
5. Restart SPE
6. Click "Update Galleries"
7. Wait a few days before updating the galleries again to see if the tags have been added

If that is the correct procedure, I can live with that. But it needs to be documented so that new users don't run into the same problem.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

Hi,

That would work, but you don't even have to do that. As long as an effect isn't the current tab, the menu option should be available. So you just need to click on the original image tab to get "Update Galleries".

Hope that helps,

Tony

Previous

Return to The Gallery Panel