Favourites and Shortlists

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Favourites and Shortlists

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:46 am

Hi all,

I have been using SPE (a lot!) over the last month. It is brilliant. But I have a question that concerns Shortlists and Favourites.....

Firstly, does every effect I have a look at or, indeed, use, appear in the 'Recent Effects' list accessible from the top right-hand corner of the screen? If so, I find it almost impossible to find a particular one to add to my Favourites. It would help if they were ordered alphabetically. Even then I am sure effects only appear in this list under certain circumstances and I can't figure out when. And, if they don't appear in this list, you can't add them to your Favourites from what I can see.

Is the Shortlist just a momentary thing? Seems to lose its contents even in the course of a single project.

In short can someone simply explain 'Recent Effects', Shortlists and Favourites and how they relate.

Richard

Site Admin

Re: Favourites and Shortlists

Postby admin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Richard,

Take a look at this help page. I've just updated it to make sure it (hopefully) covers all your questions. Let me know if there's anything else I can add.

Tony

Postby Richard Briggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Great, you have pretty much confirmed what I'd concluded (I have to admit to not reading the Help!).

Now I understand the logic of the ordering of 'Recent Effects'. Would be nice to have various options for sorting such as:

Most recently used ("now where is that effect I used 5 minutes ago")
By Name ("Where is 'Snowdrop 2' which I used last week. At least, that's what I think it was called")

And, of course, by frequency as you have stated it is ordered at the moment.

Thanks
Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Richard,

The recent effects are actually a combination of frequent and recent (called frecent!). If you want to search by name, there's a search box in the top right of the gallery.

Tony

Return to The Gallery Panel