What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
ArjunAnthroQA

Re: What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 am

Hello donnagailtwo,

Can you tell us what exactly is happening? Can you no longer see the options at the top? Or are you asking how to set an effect as a favorite?

To set an effect as a favorite follow the steps below:

1. Apply the effect as normal.
2. Hover over Favourite Effects on the right and click on "Manage Favorites".
3. In the Favorite Effects Manager drag the effect you want to favorite to the left box.
4. The effect should now be in your favorites menu and can be applied from here.

If you've got a more severe problem please open a support ticket explaining the issue you're having and we'll find a way to resolve it for you.

Arjun

Postby Akeila » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 am

jaykat wrote:I just purchased this product and wondering how people are even use the program. I read where you state there is file button on the left side that allows you to open your image. Well there is NO such file function on the left side or right that lets me upload any of my photos. This is not really user friendly, but looks like a great program and at the same time it is like dangling a carrot from an animal. What do I do????????????? Thank you!

Regards,

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 am

It's possible to colapse the side bar by dragging the edge all the way to the left. The easiest way to fix it is to exit then run the software again. Another way of loading and saving pictures is via the file menu. If you look in the top left of the window on a PC (or at the very top left of the screen on a Mac), you'll see the word File. That's the file menu. Click on it and you will get a list of file commands. Open allows you to load a picture into the software. Save allows you to save your edited picture back on to your hard disk. If you need more help, let me know if you are using a Mac or PC and I can upload a screenshot.

Tony

Postby ablast » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Some times after going through all the effects I find that there are more than one I wish to apply. After applying the first effect the rest disappear and have to be found again. A reference back to the effects that were in the short list would be great.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Ablast,

After applying any effect, the contents of your shortlist gets put in to the list of recent effects, which you can see by hovering over 'Favorite Effects'.

Tony

Postby mur_phy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:34 pm

I can understand the frustration of the O/P as I feel much the same. Personally I prefer to have a written manual with descriptions of how to use a program. As this program does not have the manual I am going thru all the topics in this forum and will create my own on a Wordpad document but it is unfortunate that none exists so far. I also find that the video tutorials tend to work quickly rather than taking time to show each step slowly and precisely. The ones that text only occurs can be stopped to read the items but not so simple with voice. Creators of tutorials have to learn to think like the "newbie" and take time to show all the steps and sometimes repeat them so that one can learn easily. Maybe when I am done creating my document I can forward it to whomever is in charge and it might be then used for others. Just don't expect it too quickly as I am often busy with other things also.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:47 am

Hi Murphy

There is help built into the product. Just go to the Help menu and select "Help Contents". You can go down the list of all the sections on the left, "Introduction", "Panels", "The Home Panel" etc to get a description of all the functionality.

Tony

Previous

Return to The Gallery Panel