Reusing a Selection

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Re: Reusing a Selection

Postby Wolverine » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I tried deleting the first image, but it did not retain the mask. May be I missed something. It would be a nice addition if you could just right click on the mask and click copy it create a new mask layer.

Postby Wolverine » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Okay, got it! Is there a way to name the layers rather than using generic terms like "background"?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 am

You can name them whatever you want using the "Other" button when creating the selection. However when a selection is named using a common name (and the names given in buttons are by far the most common), then the gallery can show the most appropriate effects for that selection. i.e. the sky effects are very specific to skies.

Tony

Postby Claytonj » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:08 pm

When I delete the rendered effect I lose the masking that I have done

Not sure what I am doing wrong! Does anyone know the proper way to mask and retain it for applying multiple effects?

I shortlisted a bunch I liked for a photo, but each time I try to apply a different one I end up having to mask again.

Would anyone have a step by step process? I am missing something, can't figure out what.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 am

Step 1. Choose Select Area
Step 2. Do the masking
Step 3. Continue to the gallery
Step 4. Apply an effect
Step 5. Delete the rendered effect
Step 6. Hover over Effects Gallery: You will see in the pop up on the left of your mouse the selection you had previously created, to re-use in the gallery.

Previous

Return to The Select Area Panel