Help with changing skies in my photo This is my 2nd time us

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Help with changing skies in my photo This is my 2nd time us

Postby Edward Coll » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:23 pm

When i first launch the program it skips the main screen and goes right into the editor. I am unable to choice that i would like to do. Basically I'm trying to replace the sky. So I'm not sure how to select that option when it skips the main screen where i have that option. Im sure this is so simple to fix but I'm totally lost.

Re: Help with changing skies in my photo This is my 2nd time us

Postby eadams » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:50 am

I'm not at my computer, so I'm going to describe the process from memory. I hope it is accurate enough to follow along.

Open the image you want to edit and click on "Select Area" on the right.
Click on the Sky option
Paint over the sky area with the selection brush and confirm the selection.
Browse the Effect Gallery with the sky selection active, and you will be presented with effects that are appropriate for skies.

Once you have defined an area in this way you can re-use it as many times as you want. When you hover over the effect gallery symbol, all selections that you have defined are listed and any one of them can be picked to be the subject of the next application of an effect.

I hope this helps.

Site Admin

Re: Help with changing skies in my photo This is my 2nd time us

Postby admin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:54 am

If it skips the main screen, presumably it's because it loads a picture in. That happens if you run the software and give it an image to load, or if you run it as a plugin. If it's the right image, just follow Eadams advice. If you can't figure out why it's loading that picture, let me know.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to The Select Area Panel