SMART PHOTO EDITOR

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

SMART PHOTO EDITOR

Postby Lino Gatt » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Sometimes smart photo editor quits on its own and the result is an edited photo ruined. Please can someone suggest a solution. using Winds 10 and 64 bit

Re: SMART PHOTO EDITOR

Postby eadams » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 pm

I don't know the cause of your problem, but to minimize the risk of losing any work done, I do the following:

When using SPE as a plug-in from Photoshop, I try very hard to add SPE effects to separate layers (and name the layer after the effect), and I save the Photoshop file after each edit. That way, if Photoshop crashes, I don't lose much work.

I always use SPE as a standalone program if I plan to define areas in SPE, because only that way are the defined areas available to be used in a succession of effects. I save the session after each effect is applied #FILE - SAVE AS SESSION). That way, if SPE should crash, I can open the saved .PE file and continue where I left off.

Actually, SPE never crashes for me, so it isn't true that I do that to minimize the risk of losing my work through a crash. I really do it so I don't forget what effects I used. In practice, that does save me from losing work, because if I forget what I did to achieve a certain effect and have to experiment to repeat it on another image, it takes a lot of time and effort :)

Postby Lino Gatt » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank you indeed. From now on whenever I work on a specific project I will save it along the way. Thanks again and I always use SPE on its own.

Lino

Postby Marios1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:51 am

I have the same problem it kiping crashin in win 10 64 bit perhaps it is becouse is a total new program and it need ajusting?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:53 am

If you have problems with the software crashing, could you open a support ticket here:

https://www.smartphotoeditor.com/suppor ... ket_submit

and our support staff will try and help.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to The Home Panel