Community Effects

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Community Effects

Postby Choi Oi Hing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:54 am

I would not down load the community effects and thus no longer able to use this effects. Even when I use the Trial Version, the same probelem occurred again. Please advise how to tackle this problem. Thank you very much.

More details:
Whenever I updating the Community Effects and when completed, the following message would appear:
" Couldn't update gallery at this time.
Insufficient or invalid data returned from
server"

Site Admin

Re: Community Effects

Postby admin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi

There are a couple of common reasons why this might happen.

1. You or we might be having connection problems. Try again now some time has passed to see if it's fixed.
2. If you've recently installed firewall or other software that might be blocking SPE's connection to the internet. You might have settings in a firewall app that allow SPE to have a connection.

Let me know if it's neither of those.

Tony

Postby vsimas » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:18 pm

I also cannot download new community effects; connection good and firewall set on "allow" for SPE.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi Vsimas,

Could you tell me what the error message is that you're seeing?

Tony

Postby vsimas » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:45 am

"Couldn't update gallery at this time" "Nothing returned from server"

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 am

That sounds like either a firewall problem or an internet connection issue. If it's the latter, just re-trying should fix it. If not, there might be some other security software that's blocking SPE apart from your main firewall.

Tony

Postby vsimas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Just downloaded the new update and now cannot access effects. Just keep waiting & waiting. Getting very frustrated now.

Postby gary » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 am

vsimas wrote:Just downloaded the new update and now cannot access effects. Just keep waiting & waiting. Getting very frustrated now.

Can you uninstall the SmartPhotoEditor from the control panel choosing to "remove all files", and then re-install to get a full download of the gallery.

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community