Contact Artist for Revision

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Re: Contact Artist for Revision

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 am

Hi,

Arwin: thanks so much for such a detailed response. Carolyn: If you are finding the videos a bit too quick, then can I suggest having a bit of a play around first, to get used to it before going back to the videos. It sounds like you've got the hang of connecting nodes to each other. Once you've got the hang of the idea that each node is a change to an image, where the image to be changed goes in to the left hand side and comes out changed on the right hand side, the rest of it is just playing with the different changes (nodes) that are available.

Tony

Postby Arwin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Glad it deepens your insights into SPE a bit more! Like Tony said, just give yourself a bit more time playing with the nodes for better understanding!
I will have a thought about talking through the steps, I understand it will help and will make the video better to follow.
It's just that English is not my mother tongue, writing is one but speaking and hearing your own recorded voice is.. :roll: :o :lol:

If I can help you any further, you know where to find me ;)

Cheers,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby LivingLifePhoto » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:48 pm

I thought about that afterwards. Yes, I wouldn't have been able to tell from your writing that was an issue. You are funny! If you can make it work, I think it would be very helpful on the English side of things, but I can understand how it would be difficult for you if English isn't your native language. Regardless, I appreciate all your help and am sure I'll be able to work through what you have posted. That in itself is a huge step forward. Thank you.

Postby Arwin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks Carolyn, will take that as a compliment! :D

Writing will give you time to think what you wanna say.
Writing in English evolved in the years for me (and still sometimes need to search for words or translate them to understand them ;)), but speaking in English will do the same of course, will think about it in the future :)

Cheers,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby LivingLifePhoto » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:36 am

Arwin, I have been really trying to get this thing to work. Got very frustrated with myself and put it aside for awhile. Tonight, I watched a few more videos and kept playing. Was able to extract the base texture of Tony's and edit it to remove the spot, boost contrast, smooth out, etc. Opened one of my images and was able to load my edited texture into the editor. But for the life of me I can't seem to get the nodes connected so that the original image shows with the texture when I click on Effect Output. I can see the texture when I click Load Image, and I can see the original image when I click Effect Input. The only nodes I have are: Effect Input, Hue Saturation Brightness, Load Image, Scale, and Effect Output. I have a screen shot of what it looks like with connections, but I don't know how to attach it here in this forum. I don't have dropbox or anything like that so it would be a screen shot or attachment from my hard drive. How do I get that in here so you can show me what I have connected wrong? Thanks again. Getting closer! :-)

Postby LivingLifePhoto » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:38 am

Yahoo! I think I finally made a breakthrough. It isn't exactly like I wanted it, but not far off. This is definitely a program I will have to play with off and on when I have time. Thank you for bearing with me on this Arwin. When I get the final images uploaded to my website, I'll post a link here to show you what I did, if that is allowed.

Postby DennB » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Attaching an image or a screen shot is basically the same as posting text. Below the posting window, left side of screen, there are 2 boxes options and upload attachment. Click upload attachment. Click choose a file, again below the text screen, center this time, choose a file and click add the file.
(Click the screenshot to see it in total)
Attachments
Capture spe.JPG
Capture spe.JPG (32.71 KiB) Viewed 9022 times

Postby LivingLifePhoto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 am

Well, duh! I see it now. Thank you so much, I really appreciate you replying! I'm learning, slowly but surely. :-)

Postby Arwin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Carolyn and thank you DennB for pointing out how to attach an image.

Seen your use of nodes Carolyn, 'Effect Input, Hue Saturation Brightness, Load Image, Scale, and Effect Output', I miss a Merge node, so maybe thats the breakthrough you're talking about ;)

Sure you can post a link to your website, no problem as far I know :)
I already had a look as I found your link in your first post in this topic, very beautiful and diverse work, impressive!

If I may, I saw your photo Majestic Coal Window in your recent work and if your fine with it, I would like to post two reworked versions by me in this topic. They are reworked with masks and I will describe which effects I used, just to inspire, nothing wrong to say about your work, love it! btw, image I used is a printscreen of your work, so quality is low ;)

Looking forward to see your result of this project!

Regards,
Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby LivingLifePhoto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Thank you so much for the comment on my website. I've got a new series I'm working on that will use the efforts from learning Smart Photo Editor. Hopefully, it will be well received. I love this program, and I'm sure I will love it even more when I learn my way around and can create some of my own versions.

By all means, show the versions of Majestic Coal Window. I would love to see them. Good that they are low quality, print work. Would they be posted in this thread or another one when you are finished?

PreviousNext

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community