Some say Smart Photo Editor is cheating?

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Some say Smart Photo Editor is cheating?

Postby gabe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:14 am

Ive read on facebook where some are saying that Smart Photo Editor is cheating.What is your thoughts on this.I personally don't see It as such or I wouldn't be using it.I believe that it is just another wonderful tool to be used to create what the photographer wishes to convey to the viewer.

Re: Some say Smart Photo Editor is cheating?

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:05 am

Ha, Facebook, as far as I'm concerned Facebook is moronic, but that's a whole other story. This has been discussed before and your conclusion is the right attitude.

Postby eadams » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 am

Using Smart Photo Editor is no more cheating than using Photoshop or the myriad of other tools and image processors that are available to enhance images. SPE doesn't do anything that I can't already do using other software. The only difference is that SPE makes it easy.

I can understand that some people who have spent years learning how to manipulate images with complicated software may be resentful of a program like SPE that lets consumers with no special imaging know-how create beautiful images quickly and easily. It means a de-mystification of their area of expertise and that is threatening to them.

Postby sjguardino » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Today's photography is much more advanced with the use of tools such as "smart photo editor" "lightroom" "photoshop"...who doesn't use these? most of the pictures you see on the internet have used some sort of help. I put make up on every morning before I leave for work, is that cheating?

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Only if I've been drinking. Hahahaha Couldn't resist that, sorry.

Postby Dnusha1 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 am

I view SPE like a tube of paint for a painter (artist). People who use it are artists at heart and want to create their own version of a photo. They create original pieces of artwork each time they use SPE. If you are a purist, you will never change the original shot, if you are an artist, you will create your own version of the shot you took and make it your own. I believe there is a place in this world for both and personally prefer to make each shot unique by recreating it with SPE. I LOVE this program, because it allowed me to be creative without having to spend huge amounts of time (to learn large complicated programs) and $ to create some really fabulous art. THANX SPE :)

Postby bette4cats » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 pm

I remember when painters thought photography was cheating. And when the computers began, not one thought it was a tool for artists. Please Facebook face up to the fact artists use a host of methods to achieve our final artwork.

Postby artyjules » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 am

Always we will have the 'purists. whether it be in the field of painting or photography-so I say, let them stick with the past-we have the tools-we have a studio of creativity right at our fingertips-no mess, just pure revelopment of the original photo-so lets' use them! My late dad was a 2nd Woprld War artist and known as a fine portrait painter-yes, that was realism and he was very good at it-people don't like having their faces changed about or distorted-
But not so in nature-if we can enhance the experience of the viwer, and at the same time delight ourselves in the process-bring it all on! :-)

Postby anjeln777 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Keyword is Artist! If you are creating something you are proud of and you really like, then who cares what FB says. The Film industry would be in a whole lot of hurt if FB called the shots With all thier special effects. This program lets you use your imagination and create a picture the way your mind envisions it. Anyway most likely they're just jealous ;)

Postby billc » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:03 am

anjeln777 wrote:Keyword is Artist! If you are creating something you are proud of and you really like, then who cares what FB says. The Film industry would be in a whole lot of hurt if FB called the shots With all thier special effects. This program lets you use your imagination and create a picture the way your mind envisions it. Anyway most likely they're just jealous ;)

I am self employed and don't have a lot of time to spend in PS to enhance my images but spe has allowed me to enhance my images the way I like them in a short space of time fantastic results and my camara club friends cant tell the difference.
Spe is not cheating it put us on a level playing when time is limited.
billc

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community